We are a visionary, scrappy startup. Founded in 2013, the Center for Parental Leave Leadership (CPLL) is the first consultancy in the country to focus exclusively on parental leave. We are hired by leading companies to support their new parents, managers and HR teams on all things parental leave related, including policy, coaching, training, and strategy. It is an exciting time to be defining this emerging field!
We are seeking a highly organized, dedicated individual to join our small Portland team as a champion Executive Assistant/Office Manager/Communications Assistant and more. This individual would be working directly with our Founder and CEO to focus, drive and coordinate the work of the coming year. The Executive Assistant will play a key role in advancing CPLL’s priorities by organizing and managing projects and systems; developing proposals, position papers, and publications; conducting research; and assisting in developing and implementing an effective marketing strategy including all social media and filling a wide variety of other roles and functions as the company grows.
This is a part-time contract position. You would need to be able to work at our inner Southeast Portland office from 9:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. 2-3 days a week (TBD around mutual schedules), as well as some flex work from home as needed. Starting salary is $30 per hour with some flexibility based on experience. Hours could expand as client demands dictate.
This is a dynamic position with unlimited opportunity for professional growth for someone interested in the parental leave field.
Interest and/or experience and/or education in parental leave, organizational psychology and/or HR preferred.
Our ideal candidate is positive, super organized, highly motivated, friendly, works well with others to facilitate a functional work environment, and has excellent communication skills. This person enjoys giving their all at the office while reaping the benefits of a flexible work schedule and has healthy, permeable boundaries they are able to communicate clearly.
This is a perfect fit for you, if you:
- Are super organized (bears repeating!)
- Love serving clients
- Commit to this as your main work focus (not a side hustle)
- Are a passionate, life-long learner
- Always overdeliver
- Have an abundant mindset
- Are willing to fail
- Provide value
- Constantly apply yourself
- Have a growth mindset
Executive Assistant/Office Manager
- Getting processes and systems in place for a lean, early stage company
- Proficient or expert level use of WordPress, MS Office, Slack, Asana and Google Drive (InDesign a plus!)
- Proficient and able to work equally in both PC and MAC operating systems
- Client billing, light bookkeeping and invoice tracking
- Coordinating with Founder & Communications Director for social media strategy and overseeing and implementing all social media
- Keep us well organized and be willing and able to find and retrieve info at a moment’s notice
- Monitor HARO and submit responses
- Set up and monitor google alerts and newsletters for relevant articles in the parental leave and paid leave space
- Assemble a database of stats and quotes related to parental leave and paid leave
- Maintain resources library on website
- Prioritize and handle internal and external correspondence
- Develop client proposals
- Evaluate and prioritize requested meetings
- Manage logistics and calendars for meetings and conferences, including travel and event management
- Research and document a variety of topics for the purpose of providing information and/or recommendations to clients
- Exercise independent judgment in bringing information and issues to the attention of the Founder
- Provide executive, administrative and analytical support to ensure timely and effective communications between stakeholders, both internal & external
- Frequently compose and finalize complex correspondence, reports and other-format documents, using experience and judgment to determine what should be included in each document
- Oversee the completion and submission of travel and expense reports in a timely fashion
- Provide support in short and long-range strategic planning initiatives
- Restructure current electronic and physical filing ad hoc system by creating and maintaining clear, consistent and comprehensive filing system; manage accurate records to ensure the integrity of the information
- Represent the Founder in their absence for the purpose of addressing matters that require immediate attention
- Carry out major assignments in conducting the operations of the business
- Work on special projects as assigned and perform other duties as necessary
- Be able to distill overwritten material down to its most relevant elements 😉
Email resume with cover letter detailing why you’re a good fit for this position to:
Resumes without cover letters will not be considered.
A work skills assessment will be required prior to contracting and applicant would need to sign a non-disclosure agreement.
No telephone inquiries accepted. (Frankly, we haven’t checked voice in months. That’s part of the reason we need you!)
Center for Parental Leave Leadership is an equal opportunity employer.