INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY RIGHTS
Our Limited License to You: The Parental Leave Tools and Templates, including the Leave Planning Template: Next Steps Action Plan, Assessments, Self-Assessments and all other information related to the Parental Leave Playbook (the “Tools”) are the sole property of the Center for Parental Leave Leadership and are protected by copyright, and other intellectual property laws with all rights reserved, including without limitation the content, layout, design, data, databases and graphics related to the Tools, unless otherwise indicated. We are granting you a limited license with permission to use our intellectual property related to the Tools for your personal use, provided you do so with permission and restrictions in accordance with this Agreement. This means that when you sign this Agreement, you are receiving the limited right to use all of the Tools exactly in the form and manner that is instructed and provided by us, unless otherwise specified. For the avoidance of doubt, all content obtained through us is our property, and you are granted a revocable, non-transferable license for limited personal use only, limited to you only.
Trademarks and Copyrights: The trademarks and logos which are displayed in the Tools, logo, website and anything else related to the Parental Leave Playbook or the Center for Parental Leave Leadership website are logos and trademarks belonging to us. For our trademarks and logos for which you are granted permission to use, our trademark indicia must be included at all times. For any materials or Tools that may be provided to you, including all Parental Leave Tools and Templates, outline, handouts and .pdfs, our copyright indicia must be included at all times. You may not use our, logos, taglines, website content or any language relating to the Parental Leave Playbook, the Tools, or us in a manner that constitutes an infringement of our rights or that has not been authorized by us.
Permissible Activities: The limited license that we are providing to you grants you the permission to do the following:
- You have a limited license to use the Tools as provided to you by us in accordance with the directions we provide. You may use the Tools and Templates associated with the Parental Leave Playbook that we are making available through our website, including: outline, template and handouts for your individual personal use, in exactly the way that the Tools and Templates are directed for use for individual users.
Prohibited Activities and Information You Are Prohibited from Sharing with Others: You understand and acknowledge that the information obtained through these Tools has been developed or obtained by us through the investment of significant time, effort and expense, and that this information is a valuable, special and unique asset of ours which needs to be protected from improper and unauthorized use.
When you receive or download the Tools and/or any materials associated with the Parental Leave Playbook, you expressly agree that you will not use our content in any way that is contrary this Agreement. You agree that you are clearly and expressly forbidden from doing the following:
- You may not alter the logo, tagline, or trademark indicia in any way, and you may not remove any of these items in accordance with the directions provided to you and as set forth in this Agreement.
- You may not use any content from the Tools and Templates, or any Tools provided in association with the Parental Leave Playbook, in your own coaching or work with clients, as these materials are being provided for individual personal use, and specifically not for professional use with in any way with your clients.
- You may not alter or misrepresent the Tools or Templates in any way as yours or in any way created by you, unless otherwise permitted in this Agreement.
- You are explicitly prohibited from training other persons or entities in using our materials, including but not limited to the Tools and Templates, or any other materials on our website. Unless otherwise explicitly authorized in this Agreement, you may not duplicate, share, any of the Tools or Templates with any other person, and you are not authorized to train any other person or business how to use or create similar Tools or Templates for their own commercial or business use with their own clients. Anyone who intends to use the Tools or Templates for his or her own commercial or business use is required to make a separate agreement with the Center for Parental Leave Leadership for such use. If you obtain or receive knowledge that someone else intends or uses the Tools or Templates for commercial or business use, you agree to notify us immediately. Violation of this section may be considered theft or stealing, and therefore you would be acting without permission and directly contrary to, and in violation of, the limited license you have been granted through this Agreement.
- You may not use the Tools or Templates in any way on social media, in any of your own training program or course, or in any other way intended as marketing or to make you money outside of the limited license you are being granted through this Agreement, such as in an e-book, book that is self-published or published through a publishing company and/or online through kindle, amazon.com, nook, etc., regardless of whether you add your own unique material to it or not.
- You are expressly forbidden from creating your own training program or course that is identical or substantially similar to the Tools, Templates, or other materials developed by the Center for Parental Leave Leadership, for any business or commercial use. Because of the time, energy and effort required to develop the Tools, Templates, and other materials developed by us related to parental leave, if you do so, you may be considered to be stealing copyrighted, trademarked, and proprietary information that belongs to us, and you agree that we have the right to take legal action if desired.
- Except as specifically provided by us, you are prohibited from copying, editing, modifying, selling or stealing any photos, collages, banners, text, descriptions and/or any other information produced by us related to the Tools, Templates or the Parental Leave Playbook, describing, promoting or marketing contained on our website, sales pages, e-mail, video, or any other materials or correspondence belonging to us or that you may receive from us. By downloading, printing, or otherwise using the Tools and Templates for your own use in no way gives you any copyright or ownership rights of that material.
All rights not expressly granted in these terms or any express written license, are reserved by us.