RETAIN Parental Leave Coaching: Free* Practice Client Agreement
The RETAIN Parental Leave Coaching Certification program is the first academically grounded, heart-centered, and field-tested coaching program to exist. Developed by Dr. Amy Beacom over the last 15 years, RETAIN is an evidence-based theoretical pedagogy and method for the growing field of parental leave coaching.
By continuing with this process, You (“Participant” Your” or “You”) agree to participate in these practice coaching sessions with RETAIN Parental Leave Coaches-in-Training (the “Program,” “Coaching,” or “Coaching Sessions”) provided through the Center for Parental Leave Leadership (“Company”), and you are entering into a legally binding agreement with the Company, subject to the following terms and conditions:
1. GENERAL TERMS.
- Upon execution of this Agreement, electronically, verbally, or otherwise, the Company agrees to provide two Parental Leave Coaching Sessions with the use of the Parental Leave Transition Assessment (PLTA) and any associated worksheets, templates, and tools the Coach-in-Training chooses to use.
- This program consists of face-to-face and digital content offered prior to your leave for practice purposes only. To assist with this process, the Parental Leave Transition Assessment (PLTA)™ is used to help you identify your unique set of assets, liabilities, and pivot points for your optimal transition Success (however you define it). Your PLTA Report™ results will be used by you and your coach to inform the creation of your Next Steps Action Plan™ (CPLL’s leave planning template and process). You will also have the opportunity, both with your coach and on your own, to self-reflect and consider your learnings throughout the program.
- The scope of services rendered by the Company pursuant to this Agreement shall be solely limited to those contained therein.
2. TERM & TERMINATION. The Term of this Agreement will commence upon the initial welcome email. You agree and understand that upon commencement of the Term of this Agreement, you will become eligible for specific, time-limited parental leave coaching without cost to you. The Center for Parental Leave Leadership may terminate this Agreement at any time at its discretion upon notice to You.
3. DISCLAIMERS. By participating in this Program, Participant acknowledges that the Company is not providing financial, legal, or other professional advice. The content provided does not replace use of a qualified professional. Participant acknowledges that Company has not and does not make any representations as to a future outcome of any kind that may be derived as a result of participation in this program, Company’s website, or other programs, products or services. Your participation in the Program is at your own discretion and risk and there are no guarantees as to any outcome. There can be no assurance as to any particular outcome based on the use of Company’s templates, modules, and/or other content. The Company may provide the Participant with information relating to products or services that the Company believes might benefit the Participant, but such information is not to be taken as an endorsement. The Company is not responsible for any adverse effects or consequences that may result, either directly or indirectly, from any information or services provided by a third-party.
4. DATA PRIVACY. Your online PLTA responses are collected and stored securely using technology that is GDPR (General Data Protection Regulation) and CCPA (California Consumer Privacy Act) compliant. Other parts of your coaching program may occur via Zoom, phone, text, Google Drive, Slack, email, or other depending on you and your coach’s wants and needs. At any stage, you may request to see any personally identified information that relates to you. All requests for access to information should be sent to the Center for Parental Leave Leadership at firstname.lastname@example.org. Your work organization will not have access to your PLTA responses (or your PLTA Report), but the Center for Parental Leave Leadership and/or your RETAIN Parental Leave Coach may review your report for training purposes and share with the group de-identified, anonymous, and aggregated information such as key themes or issues faced by participants. This will help to identify potential enhancements to support other employees throughout their parental leave transition, as well as identify any obstacles that your work together may help remove.
4. CONFIDENTIALITY. This Agreement is considered a mutual non-disclosure agreement. Both Parties agree not to disclose, reveal or make use of any information learned by either party during email communications, one on one session, or otherwise. Company may have access to Participant’s information for the purposes of fulfilling the Agreement only and will not share this information with any third-parties unrelated to that purpose. Participant acknowledges that transmitting information through email communications is not a secure platform although the Company will do its best to keep all information secure. The Company agrees not to disclose any information about the Participant’s personal, work, or financial information of any kind. All information will be considered confidential and not to be disclosed unless otherwise agreed in writing beforehand. All Parties agree that any and all Confidential Information learned as of the date of purchase shall survive the termination, revocation, or expiration of this Agreement.
The Center for Parental Leave Leadership staff and coaches adhere to the General Principles of the American Psychological Association’s Ethics Code (https://www.apa.org/ethics/code) as well as the International Coaching Federation (ICF)’s Code of Ethics (https://coachingfederation.org/ethics/code-of-ethics). As such, all personal information gathered during coaching services will remain confidential (subject to the anonymous reporting above) and secure except when:
• Failure to disclose information would place you or another person/s at risk of harm
• There is a legal obligation to do so
• It is subpoenaed by a Court of Law
Note. In the event of any of these issues arising, the Center for Parental Leave Leadership and/or your Coach-in-Training will make every effort to contact you first before taking action with the relevant authority. However, in the event of an emergency, this section will serve as notice.
5. CONSENT. As part of the Center for Parental Leave Leadership’s commitment to best practice, this section gives permission to:
• Communicate relevant information to the Center for Parental Leave Leadership supervisors (including Dr Amy Beacom, Dr. Amy Pytlovany, or others) in the course of supervision or professional development
• Include your anonymous data for program improvement (in aggregate/anonymous form) as part of reporting or research, and for general and ongoing evaluation/refinement and dissemination of RETAIN Parental Leave Coaching.
Notes. Any approval to communicate information to any other person or for any other purpose will be sought on an individual basis. The Center for Parental Leave Leadership and your RETAIN Parental Leave Coach will retain control and preserve confidentiality of personal information, particular circumstances, and any sensitive information that may be disclosed as part of the coaching program.
6. CHANGES IN CIRCUMSTANCE. If you no longer wish to participate in this program, have any concerns with the program, or wish to make your work organization aware of any personal circumstances impacting your transition to or from parental leave please contact your Human Resource representative. (Remember your work organization will not have access to information you disclose to the Center for Parental Leave Leadership or your RETAIN Parental Leave Coach-in-Training.)
7. INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY RIGHTS. In respect to the documents specifically created for the Participant as part of this Program, the Company maintains all of the copyrights and any and all other intellectual property rights. Nothing in this Agreement shall transfer ownership of or rights to any intellectual property of the Company to the Participant, nor grant any right or license other than those stated in this Agreement. The Company reserves the right to immediately remove Participant from the Program and seek recourse, if you are caught violating this intellectual property policy. You may not modify, publish, transmit, participate in the transfer or sale of, create derivative works from, distribute, display, reproduce or perform, or in any way exploit in any format whatsoever any of the content within the Program or created by the Company, in whole or in part without our prior written consent.
8. NON-DISPARAGEMENT. The Parties agree and accept that the only venue for resolving a dispute shall be in the venue set forth herein below. The Parties agree that they neither will engage in any conduct or communications with a third party, public or private, designed to disparage the other. Neither Participant nor any of Participant’s associates, employees or affiliates will directly or indirectly, in any capacity or manner, make, express, transmit speak, write, verbalize or otherwise communicate in any way (or cause, further, assist, solicit, encourage, support or participate in any of the foregoing), any remark, comment, message, information, declaration, communication or other statement of any kind, whether verbal, in writing, electronically transferred or otherwise, that might reasonably be construed to be derogatory or critical of, or negative toward, the Company or any of its programs, affiliates, subsidiaries, employees, agents or representatives.
9. DISCLAIMER OF WARRANTIES. The information, education, and content provided to the Participant by the Company under this Agreement are provided on an “as-is” basis, without any warranties or representations express, implied or statutory; including, without limitation, warranties of quality, performance, non-infringement, merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose. Nor are there any warranties created by a Certification of deal, Certification of performance or trade usage.
10. LIMITATION OF LIABILITY. By participating in this Program, Participant accepts any and all risks, foreseeable or unforeseeable, arising from such transaction. Participant agrees that Company will not be held liable for any damages of any kind resulting or arising from including but not limited to; direct, indirect, incidental, special, negligent, consequential, or exemplary damages happening from the use or misuse of the Program materials. Participant agrees that use of this Program is at user’s own discretion and risk.
11. DISPUTE RESOLUTION. If a dispute is not resolved first by good-faith conversation and negotiation between the parties to this Agreement, any controversy or dispute to this Agreement will be submitted to the American Arbitration Association. The arbitration shall occur within ninety (90) days from the date of the initial arbitration demand and shall take place in Portland, Oregon or via telephone. The Parties shall cooperate in exchanging and expediting discovery as part of the arbitration process and shall cooperate with each other to ensure that the arbitration process is completed within the ninety (90) day period. The written decision of the arbitrators (which will provide for the payment of costs, including attorneys’ fees) will be absolutely binding and conclusive and not subject to judicial review, and may be entered and enforced in any court of proper jurisdiction, either as a judgment of law or decree in equity, as circumstances may indicate.
12. GOVERNING LAW AND SEVERABILITY. This Agreement shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the United States and the State of Oregon, regardless of the conflict of laws principles thereof. If any part of this Agreement is deemed unlawful and/or unenforceable, all other provisions contained herein will remain in full force and effect.
13. ENTIRE AGREEMENT. This Agreement contains the entire agreement between the parties and supersedes all prior agreements between the parties, whether written or oral. If You participated in a previous course offered by the Company, this Agreement supersedes and replaces any previous agreements.
Any questions? Please contact email@example.com and we’ll help!
@2022 Center for Parental Leave Leadership (CPLL). All rights reserved. Confidential & Proprietary. No part of this document may be utilized for commercial activities, reproduced, copied, or transmitted in any form or by any means, electronic or mechanical, including photocopying, or by an information storage or retrieval system without express written consent from CPLL.
Updated May 18, 2022