RETAIN Parental Leave Coach Certification Training Program
Program Agreement and Copyright Policy
The RETAIN Parental Leave Coaching Certification program is the first academically grounded, heart-centered, and field-tested coaching program to exist. Developed by Dr. Amy Beacom over the last 15 years, RETAIN is an evidence-based theoretical pedagogy and method for the growing field of parental leave coaching.
By clicking “Buy Now,” “Purchase,” or any other phrase on the purchase button, entering your credit card information, or otherwise enrolling, electronically, verbally, or otherwise, You (“Student” Your” or “You”) agree to purchase the RETAIN Parental Leave Coaching Certification (the “Certification” or “Certification Program”) provided by the Center for Parental Leave Leadership (“Company”), and you are entering into a legally binding agreement with the Company, subject to the following terms and conditions:
- GENERAL TERMS.
- Upon execution of this Agreement, electronically, verbally, or otherwise, the Company agrees to provide products and services in accordance with the Certification.
- The scope of products and services rendered by the Company pursuant to this Agreement shall be solely limited to those contained therein and/or provided for on Company’s Website found at: https://www.cplleadership.com/certification (“Website”) as part of the Certification Program.
- Student is responsible for his/her own success in completing the Certification and implementation of objectives met.
- Student will receive a unique login for materials and agrees not to share login or other Certification materials with any third-party.
- The Certification includes but is not limited to the following:
- Fourteen (14) weeks of live certification training
- Live Lab Sessions
- Perinatal Mood and Anxiety Disorders (PMAD) training by Postpartum Support International (PSI)
- One (1) year of access to the RETAIN Parental Leave Coaching Portal, including materials, trainings, and access to the RETAIN Coaching Cohort Slack channel
- Access to evidence-based and field-tested resources, guides, and materials
- Additional coaching, resources and/or support may be offered to help ensure Student’s success in finishing the Certification.
- For additional information on the Certification, expectations, and methodologies used by the Company, please refer to Attachment A.
2. CERTIFICATION REQUIREMENTS & TERMS.
- The Certification Program includes the training and coaching as outlined above and on the Website.
- In order to complete the Certification, you must complete the coursework, one (1) month supervision session with the Company and then pass the Coaching Certification Exam. If You fail the Exam, you will have one (1) attempt to retake.
- Once you earn the Certification, the Certification will not expire and does not need to be renewed at any point.
- Upon completion of the Certification, Student will have a “RETAIN Parental Leave Coaching Certification” and You may refer to yourself as a “RETAIN Parental Leave Coach.” We encourage you to use these terms, and the RETAIN Parental Leave Coaching Certification seal, professionally, including on Your resume, website and in social media profiles.
3. LICENSE TERMS.
- Through purchase herein the Student receives a non-exclusive, irrevocable license of the curricular materials, including the templates, workbooks, and other materials (the “Materials”) within the Certification to utilize in your business when necessary. The Company may also provide additional content to the Materials for Your use. However, you may not edit any of the Materials with your own branding or alter them in any way.
- You also receive a single use, non-exclusive, irrevocable license that allows you to utilize the Certification Training Content (the “Training Content”) for use in Your own RETAIN parental leave coach training and education only. These trainings remain in the education portal for you to access at all times and may not be removed for any reason.
- Having the Certification does not entitle You to train others or to sell or otherwise teach the Certification Content or utilize the Training Content beyond your own education. You may not use the Certification Content to “teach or train” others on how to be a parental leave coach. Should You be interested in training others, there will be additional information from the Company at a later date on the process.
- For additional details on how to utilize the curriculum and training, please review Attachment A.
4. PAYMENT AND REFUND POLICY.
- Upon execution of this Agreement, Student agrees to pay to the Company the full purchase amount.
- If Student is dissatisfied, you may request a full refund via email to firstname.lastname@example.org within fourteen (14) days after the Certification start date. After this time period, no refunds will be given unless at Company’s discretion.
- Should Student request to leave the Certification prior to completion for personal reasons, it may be permitted at Company’s discretion. Should the Student leave, he/she may be offered the opportunity to rejoin a future session at a discount.
- Credit Card Authorization (if applicable for payment plan). Each Party hereto acknowledges that the Company will charge the credit card chosen by the Student for the amounts specified on the website. If Student selects a payment plan option, Student agrees to pay fees to the Company according to the payment schedule set forth on the Company’s website, or otherwise provided to Student, and the payment plan selected by Student (the “Fee”).
- In the event Student fails to make any of the payments within a payment plan during the time prescribed, Company has the right to immediately disallow participation until payment is paid in full, including disallowing access to membership site, materials, and webinars. If Student has not paid within seven (7) days, the Company has the right to terminate the Agreement and Student will be removed from the Certification Program.
5. TERM & TERMINATION. The Term of this Agreement and Enrollment in this Certification will commence upon payment of the Certification Fee and/or upon Agreement herein. You agree and understand that upon commencement of the Term of this Agreement, you will become enrolled in the 14 week RETAIN Parental Leave Coaching Certification Program. The Center for Parental Leave Leadership may terminate this Agreement at any time at its discretion upon notice to You and with a refund of Program Fees paid.
6. DISCLAIMERS. By participating in the Certification Program, Student acknowledges that the Company is not providing financial, legal, or other professional advice. The content provided does not replace use of a qualified professional. Student acknowledges that Company has not and does not make any representations as to a future outcome of any kind that may be derived as a result of use of this Certification, live teachings, Company’s website, or other programs, products or services.
Your participation in the Certification is at your own risk and there are no guarantees as to any outcome. Any testimonials, earnings, or examples shown through Company’s Website are only examples of what may be possible for You. There can be no assurance as to any particular outcome based on the use of Company’s templates, modules, and/or other content. The Company may provide the Student with information relating to products or services that the Company believes might benefit the Student, but such information is not to be taken as an endorsement. The Company is not responsible for any adverse effects or consequences that may result, either directly or indirectly, from any information or services provided by a third-party.
7. RECORDING OF TRAININGS. Student acknowledges that group sessions and/or trainings may be recorded. Student also acknowledges that the recordings, and therefore Student’s voice and/or likeness, may be redistributed and/or be included in future Company products such as RETAIN trainings and/or certifications.
8. MEDIA RELEASE. Company may take photographs, videos, or audio recording during the Certification that Company may use for future commercial or non-commercial purposes. Client agrees and understands that by participating in the Certification, Client is consenting to being recorded and photographed and to the use of Client’s likeness, writing, and voice in any media in perpetuity by Company for whatever purpose as Company sees fit.
Client agrees that the Company may use any written statements, images, audio recordings or video recordings of Client obtained while enrolled in the Certification. This includes any content Client may publish to social media accounts and online forums as well as any statements, images or recordings, captured about Customer’s participation in the Certification. Client understands that any testimonials or written reviews may be used for marketing purposes and are intended to shine a positive light on both the Certification and You as a participant.
Client waives any right to payment, royalties or any other consideration for Company’s use of such written statements, images, audio recordings and video recordings and Client waives the right to inspect or approve the finished product used by Company. The Company is hereby held harmless and released and forever discharged from all claims, demands, and causes of action which Client, their heirs, representatives, executors, administrators, or any other persons acting on Client’s behalf or on behalf of the Client estates have or may have by reason of this authorization.
9. CONFIDENTIALITY. This Agreement is considered a mutual non-disclosure agreement. Both Parties agree not to disclose, reveal or make use of any information learned by either party during email communications, group sessions, on the Slack channel, in discussions with other members, or otherwise. Company may have access to Student’s business information for the purposes of fulfilling the Agreement only and will not share this information with any third-parties unrelated to that purpose. Student acknowledges that transmitting information through email or Slack communications is not a secure platform although the Company will do its best to keep all information secure. The Company agrees not to disclose any information about the Student’s business model, processes, systems or financial information of any kind. All information will be considered confidential and not to be disclosed unless otherwise agreed in writing beforehand. Both Parties agree that any and all Confidential Information learned as of the date of purchase shall survive the termination, revocation, or expiration of this Agreement.
10. INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY RIGHTS. In respect of the documents specifically created for the Student as part of this Certification, the Company maintains all of the copyright, other intellectual property rights. Nothing in this Agreement shall transfer ownership of or rights to any intellectual property of the Company to the Student, nor grant any right or license other than those stated in this Agreement. The Company reserves the right to immediately remove Student from the Certification, without refund, if you are caught violating this intellectual property policy. You may not modify, publish, transmit, participate in the transfer or sale of, create derivative works from, distribute, display, reproduce or perform, or in any way exploit in any format whatsoever any of the content within the Certification or created by the Company, in whole or in part without our prior written consent.
11. NON-DISPARAGEMENT. The Parties agree and accept that the only venue for resolving a dispute shall be in the venue set forth herein below. The Parties agree that they neither will engage in any conduct or communications with a third party, public or private, designed to disparage the other. Neither Student nor any of Student’s associates, employees or affiliates will directly or indirectly, in any capacity or manner, make, express, transmit speak, write, verbalize or otherwise communicate in any way (or cause, further, assist, solicit, encourage, support or participate in any of the foregoing), any remark, comment, message, information, declaration, communication or other statement of any kind, whether verbal, in writing, electronically transferred or otherwise, that might reasonably be construed to be derogatory or critical of, or negative toward, the Company or any of its programs, affiliates, subsidiaries, employees, agents or representatives.
12. DISCLAIMER OF WARRANTIES. The information, education, and content provided to the Student by the Company under this Agreement are provided on an “as-is” basis, without any warranties or representations express, implied or statutory; including, without limitation, warranties of quality, performance, non-infringement, merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose. Nor are there any warranties created by a Certification of deal, Certification of performance or trade usage.
13. LIMITATION OF LIABILITY. By using Center for Parental Leave Leadership products and purchasing this Certification Program, Student accepts any and all risks, foreseeable or unforeseeable, arising from such transaction. Student agrees that Company will not be held liable for any damages of any kind resulting or arising from including but not limited to; direct, indirect, incidental, special, negligent, consequential, or exemplary damages happening from the use or misuse of the Certification materials. Student agrees that use of this Certification is at user’s own risk.
14. DISPUTE RESOLUTION. If a dispute is not resolved first by good-faith conversation and negotiation between the parties to this Agreement, any controversy or dispute to this Agreement will be submitted to the American Arbitration Association. The arbitration shall occur within ninety (90) days from the date of the initial arbitration demand and shall take place in Portland, Oregon or via telephone. The Parties shall cooperate in exchanging and expediting discovery as part of the arbitration process and shall cooperate with each other to ensure that the arbitration process is completed within the ninety (90) day period. The written decision of the arbitrators (which will provide for the payment of costs, including attorneys’ fees) will be absolutely binding and conclusive and not subject to judicial review, and may be entered and enforced in any court of proper jurisdiction, either as a judgment of law or decree in equity, as circumstances may indicate.
15. GOVERNING LAW AND SEVERABILITY. This Agreement shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the United States and the State of Oregon, regardless of the conflict of laws principles thereof. If any part of this Agreement is deemed unlawful and/or unenforceable, all other provisions contained herein will remain in full force and effect.
16. ENTIRE AGREEMENT. This Agreement contains the entire agreement between the parties and supersedes all prior agreements between the parties, whether written or oral. If You participated in a previous course offered by the Company, this Agreement supersedes and replaces any previous agreements.
Additional Information & Expectations
Our goal is respectful and honest communication. Should CPLL suspect that you have overstepped the bounds of what is outlined in this agreement we will start with a respectful and honest conversation. It is our belief that everyone entering into this work and industry has the utmost respect for the creation of this body of work and is motivated to provide the highest level and quality of support to their clients and each other.
At any time during our collaboration, things may change, or one or both of us may have questions or concerns. Respectful and honest communication can help us resolve issues and get back on track. In the event either party suspects a breach of this agreement by the other, or wishes to revisit the terms or seek clarification insofar as the terms of this agreement may apply to specific facts and circumstances that may arise, we agree to check in with each other in good faith to discuss how to improve the relationship or resolve a problem that one or both believe is hampering our ability to work effectively together.
We agree to base our conversations on the mission, vision and values outlined in this agreement. The following questions can also be used to help figure out a way forward:
- What do we most appreciate about the work we have done together so far? How can we expand on it?
- Are there outside influences (or money) affecting how we are working together?
- Is it time to redefine or redirect our work together?
- Is there something difficult we are avoiding saying or doing?
- What content was used in an inappropriate way as seen by CPLL?
- What was your understanding of the use of the content?
- How can we rectify and come to an understanding so we can continue our working relationship?
Access to the Certification Training and Curriculum
You understand that your participation entitles you to have sole access to the training program website, curriculum, and community network (meaning you can not share your unique access with others). You may also download the materials marked within the Portal as able to be shared with your clients so that you can access them permanently via your own computer in their original format. If you need them modified to fit a specific client’s needs or to align with your work more closely, please reach out to us and we can coordinate that together.
You are free to use the RETAIN Parental Leave Coaching model, as well as the tools, concepts, exercises and practices marked within the Portal as able to be shared with the clients or customers you support in your work. All RETAIN Parental Leave Coaching certification curricular materials, as well as The Parental Leave Playbook are subject to copyright law and cannot be replicated or repurposed, with the exception of the RETAIN Parental Leave Coaching resources and materials marked within the Portal as able to be shared.
Describing the expertise and certification you gain through this program
In order to state that you are a “Certified RETAIN Parental Leave Coach,” at the close of the program you will 1) confirm that you’ve participated in and completed the work for all modules, 2) completed a one-month supervision session with CPLL, and 3) successfully complete a written assessment to demonstrate your learnings. Then you are free – and encouraged! – to share that you’ve taken this training program and are a certified RETAIN Parental Leave Coach.
Certified RETAIN Parental Leave Coaches are strictly prohibited from teaching and certifying others in the RETAIN model (i.e. you can not replicate or modify this course and use it to teach/train others, such as the HR representatives or managers at client companies, other members of your team, colleagues, clients or other) or use the RETAIN Parental Leave Coaching title for any courses You offer without first talking to the Center for Parental Leave Leadership and gaining written permission. Partnerships or authorizations for such trainings are possible, so please ask!
Usage of key lessons, templates, and materials in this program
Our program consists of both materials used to train you in our RETAIN model, as well as materials intended for you to use with clients. All of our training content including webinars, videos, and mini recordings may not be shared outside of this cohort. All resources we’ve developed and included in the Portal to be shared with your coaching clients must be shared in their current form and with CPLL branding and copyright. The Parental Leave Transition Assessment (PLTA) is its own unique product and may be purchased for use with clients (see more below). The Workplace Perinatal Mood and Anxiety Disorder (W-PMAD) screening may be shared freely. We invite you to reach out with questions about sharing, we are happy to answer any questions and we will evaluate special requests on a case-by-case basis.
Integrating the assessment tool into your work
The Parental Leave Transition Assessment (PLTA) is a self-assessment designed to identify a new parent’s unique assets and liabilities in what we call their “6-S System for Transition Success”— six areas of impact that have an oversized effect on a new parent’s ability to navigate their parental leave transition with ease, and successfully and sustainably return to their career.
This is a foundational tool of RETAIN Parental Leave Coaching to be used in working with your clients. A PLTA access portal, provided by the Center for Parental Leave Leadership, will be available for you to enter your clients’ contact information which then generates an automatic request to the client to fill out the PLTA. Once completed, certified RETAIN Coaches will receive a copy of their client’s PLTA Report to pass along to their client, as well as a specialized PLTA Coach report with additional coach-specific information and insights.
Once certified, RETAIN Coaches will be able to use the PLTA and PLTA Report with their clients on a pay-per-use basis. This allows us to offset maintenance and user support costs, and update the PLTA over time to ensure it remains evidence-based and grows as new information and research evolves – our goal is to work tirelessly to make it an even more effective tool for you! We recommend you list this item as a separate pass-through expense in your client pricing proposals and model(s).
The Center for Parental Leave Leadership strives to create a robust community of RETAIN Parental Leave Coaches and all participants are expected to engage in professional conduct. By signing up for an event or program (such as this RETAIN Coaching certification), you agree to comply with these guidelines:
The Center for Parental Leave Leadership retains the right to remove an individual from the program and community platforms, including Slack, email, and any other groups, for harassment based upon, but not limited to, race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, gender identity, sexual orientation, gender identification, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law or inline with kindness and equity.
Harvesting of personal information, email addresses, documents, mailing addresses, phone numbers, etc., by any participant is strictly prohibited.
Posting materials in violation of trademark or copyright are prohibited. Profanity, offensive or inappropriate statements, documents or photos, uninvited advertisements, or inflammatory posts are prohibited and may result in removal from any event or program. The Center for Parental Leave Leadership, in its sole discretion, will determine whether materials and posts are in violation of these guidelines and may choose to remove the participant(s) from the event or program.
Any questions? Please contact email@example.com and we’ll help!
@2022 Center for Parental Leave Leadership (CPLL). All rights reserved. Confidential & Proprietary. No part of this document may be utilized for commercial activities, reproduced, copied, or transmitted in any form or by any means, electronic or mechanical, including photocopying, or by an information storage or retrieval system without express written consent from CPLL.
Updated March 9, 2022